Sunday, May 24, 2009

only change if you want to

Think about this for a while:

Changing to be liked, changing to be liked by someone.

Now realize this:

Over-hauling your image for someone to like you is not the same as changing yourself to be liked.

This has always confused me. Everyone says you shouldn't change yourself to be liked by people, yet they say you should stop doing something you do that pisses people off, and act more like this for people to like you.

Then, there's the whole change-your-entire-image-for-a-guy/girl-to-fall-in-love-with-your-new-character-which-is-supposed-to-be-you(-or-maybe-the-"new-you"). My friend(s) are now telling me I have to stop acting, and being the way I am for the guy(s) I like to like me back.

Thing is; I don't want to change myself. Well, once in a while I do, everybody does. Yeah, sometimes I would love to change the way I act, but not for the sake of others, I would want it for myself.

Most people say not to change yourself, but in the end, they all push it in your face to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment